TERMS & CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions set out our ground rules for all of your Driver Training.
To be clear – these rules apply to both the customer and your driving instructor. The only exception to the rules herein would be where the driver training vehicle is unexpectedly off the road due to mechanical failure or accident.
These Terms and Conditions are an integral part of your tuition, and will be issued to you on or before your first lesson.
It is your responsibility to attend all lessons with a valid provisional driving licence, if a lesson is attended without such a licence – the full lesson price will be due. Your instructor reserves the right to refuse to provide you with tuition or to cancel any lessons you have agreed to or booked, without liability, if you fail to provide him/her with the licence prior to your first lesson.
The contract for driving tuition is solely between you and your instructor. You and your instructor are responsible for agreeing all matters relating to the timing, location and duration of individual lessons.
Lessons booked as part of a block booking (10 / 20 or 30 hours) will be honoured at the discounted rate if offered. Lessons pre-paid at less than 10 hours are subject to change without notice should prices be changed.
Lesson prices are as shown on the driving school website and also on my Facebook business page ( these may be varied at any time by the driving instructor.
The cost of block booked tuition is based on the lesson price in force at the time that the booking is made and will be honoured for a period of 6 months from the date of the booking. If you fail to use a minimum of 50% of your block booked tuition within the first 6 months of the booking date, we reserve the right to increase the price of any unused tuition time.
Payment – Lessons must be paid for in advance unless by prior arrangement and agreement with your instructor. Discounts are available for pre-paid lesson bookings.
Pickup points – Your instructor will be pleased to start and finish your lesson from different pickup points – providing these are agreed at least one week in advance – and that both are within the usual area of work for the instructor.
Cancellation Policy - Lessons can only be cancelled with at least 2 working days’ notice. Where a cancellation is received within this period, the full cost of the lesson will be due. Where repeated cancellations occur, the instructor reserves the right to charge for the cancelled lesson. Successful driving training depends on continuity of tuition – this policy is in place to maintain this progress. This policy may only be varied by your instructor.
Communication; All communication must be in person – not via a relative or friend. This is for both security and data protection. Your instructor will provide you with his mobile number on which to speak with him.
Re-arrangement Policy; Lessons cancelled but re-booked and taken within 5 days have no additional charge.
Bad Weather – Lessons will be taken as booked unless advised by the instructor in every circumstance. If weather is such that your instructor feels that a lesson needs to be re-arranged – he/she will be in contact with you. If you have concerns – speak with your instructor.
To ensure that communication channels are in place – please ensure that your instructor is aware of your mobile and landline numbers.
Holidays and Availability - Your instructor will give you the maximum possible notice of holidays / days where he/she is unavailable; please ensure that you do likewise – to maintain progress. Please be sure to book your first lesson after your holiday / break in tuition, to retain your place on the diary – and to maintain progress.
Refund Policy – Refunds for lessons not taken will only be made in exceptional circumstances, and entirely at the discretion of the instructor. Lessons already taken will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Health and Safety - Please ensure that you present yourself in suitable clothing – particularly practical shoes. It is also important to attend lessons with any appropriate glasses / lenses for reasons of road safety.
Medication - if you are taking any medication that may affect your ability to drive – please discuss this at the earliest opportunity with your instructor.
Be aware that where a pupil presents themselves for a lesson in a condition that the instructor believes to be unfit due to the effects of drink or drugs – the lesson will be aborted on the grounds of road safety – and the full lesson price will be due. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
There will be no smoking at any time during any lesson.
Practical Tests -will only be booked with your instructor’s agreement. If a test is booked without the instructor's agreement – there will be no assurance that his/her car will be available for the test. Please consult with your instructor where any doubt exists. Be aware that your instructor can book your practical test at no additional charge, and ensure that the test is booked at a time where the instructor and his car are available.
Your Service Will Include:
(1) Provide you with driving tuition at the hourly rate agreed
(2) Recommend what are, in their opinion, the most appropriate training methods and aids to help you study for your theory and hazard perception test;
(3) Design a course of lessons to match your specific driving and learning needs from your first lesson right through to your practical test.
(4) Provide you with on-road lessons which will last two hours or such other duration as you and your instructor will agree in advance.
(5) Provide a presentable, modern, properly maintained and dual controlled car for each lesson.
(6) Recommend, where appropriate, advanced courses to help you develop your skills for: motorway driving, driving in extreme weather conditions and the Pass Plus.
(7) Give you relevant feedback during your lesson and record your development in your progress record at the end of each lesson.
(8) Monitor your progress, advise and recommend what is, in their opinion, the appropriate time to book your mock practical test and once it has been agreed between you both, apply for your practical driving test and where required, they will advise whether it should be subsequently rescheduled.
(9) Provide training on a one-to-one basis with no other learner in the car.
(10) Honour the full time booked for each lesson, which should include an introduction, practical training and a debrief at the end of your lesson.
(11) At all times conduct themselves in a professional manner including:
i. being courteous and considerate to you
ii. Avoiding physical contact except in an emergency
iii. Not smoking during your lessons
iv. Restricting mobile phone use to emergencies or for your benefit;
(12) Reserve the right to cancel a lesson or finish a lesson early on grounds of road safety.
(13) Not discriminate against you and will always abide by the law.
(14) Endeavour to be on time at the agreed pickup point and be available for the full duration of the lesson booking, subject to any circumstances beyond their control.
(15) Endeavour to give you two working days’ notice (excluding Bank Holidays) should a lesson need to be rescheduled.
(16) Respond professionally to any worries or issues that you may have and try to resolve them to your satisfaction.
The driving instructor commits to fulfil their responsibilities with regard to data protection. Any information and information provided will be treated as confidential, and handled securely.
Mobile telephones will not be answered by pupil or instructor during the lesson. Please remember to switch off your phone at the start of all lessons to prevent distraction.
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) - Any personal information that the pupil gives to the driving instructor will be kept private and confidential.
Progress records - will be deactivated and will never be used for any type of training once the pupil has either passed their practical driving test or discontinued their lessons.
Photography - Upon passing the practical driving test the driving instructor may ask to take a photo of the pupil for their website or business page. This is completely voluntary and the photo will not be used for any other means.
Dash Cam - The car that the pupil will be using for driving lessons maybe fitted with a dash cam. This is mainly in place for the pupils and the instructors safety however, at times could be used for training purposes. This will only be between the pupil and the instructor unless requested and permission granted. All video footage will be written over in a continuous cycle, depending on the size of the SD card used.